DiabeteSmart™ membership benefits
- What is DiabeteSmart™?
- It is the Culmination of many years research emanating from the Artificial Pancreas™.
- The inventor of the Artificial Pancreas has developed the DiabeteSmart™ technology.
- Its algorithms exist in a cloud base technology for virtual diabetes treatment.
- We have helped over the years in the clinical application of this technology.
- We are the only licensed practice in the Tri-State Area.
- The invention: Virtual Pancreas Best Algorithms
- New Algorithms are now available for persons with T1D or T2D and their health care providers.
- They help users achieve and maintain Optimal Diabetes Control (ODC).
- The algorithms integrate patient data (blood glucose, body weight, prescribed medications, diet, exercise, and stress) into a teaching resource that targets blood glucose and A1C levels.
- Users who achieve and maintain ODC can expect to prevent, slow, or reverse the eye, nerve, heart, and kidney damage of long standing diabetes.
Standard Diabetes Care
- Standard Diabetes Care involves:
- Blood Glucose testing in excess of 80 or more times a month.
- Blood glucose readings are taken in hit-or-miss fashion
- Blood glucose is poorly controlled
- Over-medication is common
- A1c is outside the target range
- Risks for hypoglycemia are high and poorly tolerated
- Body weight is uncontrolled
- Standard Care has other detriments:
- Progressive damage to the eyes, nerves, heart, and kidneys
- Poor quality of life
- Shortened life span
- ODC is needed when Standard Care fails.
Optimal Diabetes Care
- Optimal Diabetes Control means:
- Blood Glucose levels - in target
- A1c - in target
- Body weight - in control
- Medications - minimized
- Risks of Hypoglycemia - minimized
Optimal Diabetes Control (ODC)
- ODC is achieved or maintained when:
- Structured Blood Glucose averages are taken overnight and before / after meals.
- Averages are within target ranges
- Minor medication corrections keep glucose averages within target ranges
- Predicted A1c is within target range
- Risks of hypoglycemia are greatly reduced or eliminated
- Body weight is controlled
- How is it done?
- Users may test and record as few as 16 glucose readings a week.
- Testing is structured to sample blood glucose before and after meals, at bedtime, and overnight for two days only in the first weeks.
- This organized sampling is used to create meal period profiles that are representative of the user's glycemic status.
- When ODC is achieved it can be maintained with even less testing, as few as 16 a month, or just 16 in the week before a scheduled medical follow up visit.
- Our Consulting Specialists Monitor You
- Track your glucose records
- Make the necessary changes with great success
- Monitor your eyes, kidneys, nerves, heart, and other diabetes damage to stop progression.
- In many cases the tissue damages can be reversed. This is the most promising fact we have seen over the years.
- The monthly cost is $100, but may be paid in one payment of $1000 once yearly for a savings of 20%
- The final expense is a net savings to you as we found by careful research.
- Saves glucose testing strips: 16 instead of 120/M, (actual savings per year approx. $600)
- Saves medications by 22%- 25% ( average yearly medication savings $ 1400)
- Saves ER and hospital visits (average hospital stay costs saved $3600)
- So the equation is simple:
$5600 Total yearly direct savings
– $1200 DiabeteSmart Technology club expense
= $4400 Net savings to you!.
Add to this the remarkable indirect long term benefits:
- Cuts diabetic complications by 50% (every 1% drop in HgA1C cut complications by 25%).
- Actual cost savings here is immense and hard to imagine.
We have seen these benefits in many patients over and over through the years, so what are you waiting for?